In 1881, the Jewish Community of Hartmanice and Kundratice decided to build a synagogue that would become a new house of prayer for the growing Jewish community of Hartmanice and its surroundings. They purchased a plot with a small house from the builder Georg Beywl who later built the synagogue and connected it to this small house. Later, the house served as a Jewish school and the rabbi's home (the house still remains on the right side of the synagogue). Mr. Beywl built the synagogue in accordance with the reformed rite: with generously designed open spaces and specific details.
In 1884, the new synagogue was already a place where 200 Jews from around Hartmanice gathered regularly for religious services. Every Saturday, the Torah was read and Shabbat was celebrated.
Unfortunately, the synagogue was the centre of Jewish culture for just 55 years. It started with the gradual migration of the local Jewish population to bigger cities and was followed by the annexation of Hartmanice by the Great German Empire after the Munich Agreement in 1938.